As much as i know, we need:
- A kerberos server and kerberos client. On my mandrake box is installed krb5-server, krb5-workstation. On suse i installed krb5, krb5-client, krb5-server. These are both MIT kerberos servers. I have not very much knowledge about other implementations (heimdahl)
- pam libs for kerberos. Package pam_krb5.
- Simple authentication and security layer sasl and gssapi: Packages: cyrus-sasl and libsasl2
- OpenLDAP server. Packages openldap, openldap-clients, openldap-servers and probably more?
- Name service switch for ldap: nss_ldap
- Probably more ...